A Specialist PDF Editing Service
The Portable document format – or PDF – offers a way of presenting documents independent of software or hardware constraints. This makes it one of the most popular document formats in the world. And since PDFs are harder to change than most document types, a good PDF editing service is vital.
To take advantage of our PDF editing service, simply:
- Go to our upload page
- Drag and drop your PDF file(s) onto the page or click ‘Browse or drag & drop your file’ to select the file(s) you want to upload
- Choose either proofreading or editing
- Enter document details and instructions for your editor
- Make your payment and let us pair you with the perfect PDF proofreader, who will then check your document
- Download the edited PDF from your user area
When editing a PDF, we return an annotated copy of your document. The annotations will depend on whether the PDF is layered (i.e. with text you can select with the cursor) or flat (i.e. just an image).
Find out about how we check layered and flat PDFs below.
Layered PDF Proofreading
With a layered PDF, we will use Adobe Acrobat’s annotation features to ‘mark up’ your document (i.e. show you where changes need making). This may include:
- Highlighting – A simple way of highlighting text, accompanied by a comment explaining why the text has been highlighted.
- Strikethrough – This function places a red line through text that should be deleted from the document. We will also leave a comment explaining the deletion if necessary.
- Insertion Cursor – Also known as a ‘caret’, we will use this mark if you need to add new text somewhere in your document. We will also suggest the replacement text in a comment.
- Replacement Strikethrough and Cursor – These marks show that the selected text should be replaced. We will suggest the replacement text in an accompanying comment.
- Sticky Notes/Comments – We use comments for all other situations, such as providing feedback or explaining a problem. To see the comment, all you need to do is click on the little yellow square with its speech bubble.
Flattened PDF Proofreading
With a flat PDF, your proofreader will only be able to mark up the document using sticky notes/comments. Once you’ve checked our suggested alterations and comments, you can then revise the original document before creating a new PDF.
Fast Editing And Proofreading
Need a PDF proofread as soon as possible? We have service speeds to match:
- Regular – Up to 10,000 words checked in 24 hours
- Express – Documents returned in as little as 8 hours
- Rapid – Your PDF edited in as little as 3 hours
Simply select Regular, Express, or Rapid when you upload your document.
Trusted globally by thousands of companies and universities, including: